Questions to Think About
Before Going On Expedition
The Virtual Thinking Expedition Company operates on expedition lines. An expedition is diffferent.
Often people who want to go on expedition do not realize just how diffferent things will be.
"Do you realize that..."
Do you realize that going on expedition is a big commitment?
- every expedition is different?
- the route is unclear and little is known about it?
- frequently what is planned does not work out?
- the results of an expedition are unpredictable?
- much of what happens is beyond the guide's control?
- an expedition is built on trust?
- your normal routine will change radically?
- you will be working long hours with little rest or sleep?
- meals and breaks are taken when the operation permits?
- you are sometimes going to feel very uncomfortable?
- an expedition is not a meeting or training session?
- you will be expected to be a full team member?
- you may have to pitch in and work extra hard to make things happen?
- you may miss the summit because of helping a team member down safely?
- the team member needing help could be you?